Individual Supports Case Manager
Job Title: Individual Supports Case Manager
Department: Individual Supports
Weekly Hours: 20 – 40 hours per week
Proposed Schedule: Typically Monday through Friday, hours vary. May be one weekend day depending on individual case needs
Exempt or Non-Exempt: Non-Exempt
Individual Supports Case managers are assigned various individuals served through the individual support program. Caseloads may change depending on allocated hours and the needs of the individuals.
Essential Job Function:
- Meet on regular basis with individuals and families in need of support.
- Ensure that the human, civil and legal rights of all individuals are protected. Follow DPPC and mandated reporting guidelines. Teach and promote dignity, respect, making informed decisions and reasonable risk with individuals
- Assess the individual's needs and create a plan of service with input from the individual, family/guardian and DDS Service Coordinator
- Assist all individuals served in accessing community resources by transporting individuals served in staff’s own vehicle to including but not limited to community resources, outings, medical appointments, etc.
- Assist the individual with all medical/dental appointments as requested by the individual. Document all medical/dental appointments on the appropriate paperwork.
- Have knowledge of and be competent in implementing all special protocols, positive behavior supports, and/or therapy plans for all individuals served
- Complete all ISP paperwork in a timely fashion with the ISP coordinator and participate in the ISP meeting
- Maintain and monitor a complete accurate record of information on the individual that will be kept at administrative office
- Document and maintain monthly notes on the individual's progress on goals, medical issues/appointments and medication changes
- Assist individual in obtaining and using PCA services if needed
- Assist in obtaining emergency support for the individual in the case of a crisis. Implement emergency plan procedures to maintain safety and supports for individuals served when necessary
- Assist and teach individual with implementing financial management plan.
- Advocate for the individual, if necessary on community issues.
- Meets regularly with Program Director for supervision.
- Attend monthly case managers' meeting
- Train individuals served in their human rights and insure that those rights are observed at all times.
- Other duties as assigned by management
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Ability to provide direct care in activities of daily living (bathing, dressing, eating, toileting and continence, transferring and mobility) if required.
- Must be able to assume and maintain a variety of postures (kneeling, squatting crawling, sitting, and standing) for extended periods of time.
- This role uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- Ability to lift 20-30 pounds
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Commitment to providing supports/advocacy to individuals who are challenged by a disability and/or age.
- Has good communication skills, both written and verbal, particularly with guardians, DDS and other providers.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills
- Respect for family/guardian input
- Creative planning skills
- Understanding of human rights
- Understanding of personal care assistance
- Flexibility regarding schedule
- Knowledge of community resources
- Proficient using Microsoft Office and able to learn other office computer software.
- Maintain all files in a confidential manner.
Qualifications: Education & Experience Required:
- High School diploma or equivalent, Associate Degree preferred
- Valid Driver’s License and reliable insured vehicle for transportation to and from appointments with individuals served. Must be able to transport individual safely in own personal vehicle
- Experience in working with individuals with ID/DD
Reports Directly To: Director of Community Support
Professional Development/Training Offered:
- Certification in CPR/First Aid prior to working any shifts
- Certification in Safety Care is required
- Certification in MAP if required
- Minimum of 20 hours of training (both live and online) annually as assigned by supervisor
Management reserves the right to assign other duties or projects as necessary.