Individualized Community Connector
Job Title: Individualized Community Connector
Department: Agency With Choice
Weekly Hours: 20 to 40 hours
Proposed Schedule: Varies
Exempt or Non-Exempt: Non-Exempt
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide opportunities to engage in activities that are preferred by the individual. This may include in the community and in the home.
- Provide hands-on assistance to individuals in required areas of daily living (ADL’s and IADL’s) as needed.
- Provide daily support to individual while encouraging independence and choice to meet their personal goals.
- Assist individuals served in accessing community resources by transporting individuals served in staff’s own vehicle to including but not limited to community resources, outings, medical appointments, etc.
- Implement support strategies to assist all individuals served in achieving ISP goals
- Treat all individuals and their families with dignity and respect
- Maintain accurate records of expenditure and mileage, including receipts, and submit at least monthly for reimbursement.
- Be punctual for all shifts.
- Enter time worked into electronic payroll system as hours are worked.
- Other duties as assigned by management/Individual
Other Job Duties
- Complete incident reports if needed.
- Attend required ISP and/or team meetings as needed.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds
- Must be able to lift and carry client with adaptive equipment
- Must be able to assume and maintain a variety of postures (kneeling, squatting crawling, sitting, and standing) for extended periods of time.
- Maintain all files in a confidential manner
Qualifications: Education & Experience Required:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Understanding of supports and services needed by families in caring for disabled members.
- Experience working with developmental disabilities preferred.
- Maintain CPR/First Aid certifications, agency-required trainings including online RELIAS trainings and those requested by the Director of Agency with Choice/SSSS.
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- Must have a current, valid state issued driver’s license.
- Employees are subject to driver’s license record checks and must maintain an acceptable driving record, valid motor vehicle insurance and registration.
- Pass background and reference checks.
- Fingerprinting required
- Must be able to enter time worked into an electronic system
Reports Directly To: Individual Served and Director of Momentum
Professional Development/Training Offered:
- Certification in CPR/First Aid prior to working any shifts
- 20 hours of training (both live and online) annually as assigned by supervisor