Life Skills Coach
The Life Skills Coach must develop and teach engaging, interactive lessons for individuals to learn life skills (i.e. basic money management, food preparation, and basic housework and chores) that they will need in order to be successful and independent. To decide what life skills need to be addressed, Individuals and parents will complete an assessment before the beginning of the session. Besides planning engaging lessons for individuals, the Life Skills Coach also needs to be in communication with parents. After each session is complete, the Life Skills Coach will provide follow up in order to help individuals generalize skills learned in the Determination Studio.
Exempt or Non-Exempt: Exempt. The Life Skills Coach will work as an Independent Contractor and receive a 1099.
Reports to: Director of Family Support
Schedule: Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday evening - Saturday and Sunday mornings and late afternoons.
Rate of pay: $75/hour.
Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) certification
Experience developing, writing, implementing achievable goals.
Evaluating and assessing individuals
Experience training staff in behavioral principles and procedures
Effective and professional communication
Maintain confidentiality at all times
Critical thinking skills and problem solving
Interest in, and commitment to developing visual supports and doing video modeling so as to develop video libraries.
Flexibility enough to hold classes six times per week. See schedule above.
Above all must be caring about our individuals.
- Must have a current, valid state issued driver’s license.
- Employees are subject to background and reference checks.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds
- Must be able to lift and carry client with adaptive equipment
- Must be able to assume and maintain a variety of postures (kneeling, squatting crawling, sitting, and standing) for extended periods.
- Time will be spent working with families in their home, community, the Family Support Center, and other settings.