Remote Support Monitoring Respite Staff
Job Title: Remote Support Monitoring Respite Staff
Department: Remote Support Monitoring
Weekly Hours: 24-28 Hours Per Week
Proposed Schedule: Weekend/ Overnight Awake Shift / Day Shift
Exempt or Non-Exempt: Non-Exempt
The respite staff will be supporting individuals with developmental disabilities in South Shore Support Services Smart Respite Apartment. This role will be providing quality supports to individuals with the assistance of assistive technology. The Respite staff will need to be familiar with assistive technology and be motivated to provide training to individuals on how to successfully use this technology. This position will be a mix of in person support and remote support from an office location nearby the apartment building.
Essential Job Functions:
- · Provide support to individual while encouraging independence and choice to meet their personal goals by reading their personal profile.
- · Treat all individuals and their families with dignity and respect
- · Complete accurate and timely case notes for each shift worked
- · Collect data on provided forms for each shift worked.
- · Maintain accurate records of expenditure and mileage, including receipts, and submit at least monthly for reimbursement.
- · Complete accurate and timely incident reports as needed
- · Provide data and input for the annual ISP meeting/team meetings.
- · Train/teach individuals in various life skills including Activities of Daily Living, Community Access and Safety skills, Life skills, etc.
- · Teach and instruct individuals on the use of assistive technology to help build independence
- Follow individuals support/training plan for the use of assistive technology
- Provide Community Support to individuals
- Engage individuals in community experiences that build independence
- Maintains, secures and cleans up the facility after program ends.
- Maintain individuals' privacy and confidentiality at all times.
- · Other duties as assigned by management/Individual
Additional Job Duties/Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates a strength-based philosophy, by treating all clients, families and caregivers in an open and respectful manner which builds upon strengths.
- Assures that requested documentation is objective, complete, professional and timely.
- Informs the Program Director of incidents and situations following protocol and utilizing appropriate judgment.
- Addresses crisis intervention in a positive and pro-active manner consistent with Universal Positive Behavior Support strategies and Safety-Care Behavioral Safety standards.
- Is knowledgeable about the Human Rights of all participants and strives to respect those rights in all interactions.
- Participates in regular supervision discussions with Program Director. Assures that adequate lead-time is given to Program Director for vacation/sick time or personal time requests.
- Orients new participants, employees and families/caregivers/guardians to program as requested.
- Maintains a positive program presence in the community by communication and participation in promotional events as requested.
- Communicates to participant’s families/caregivers/guardian on participant’s positive progress in a respectful and professional manner and redirects any concerns to the Program Director.
- Attend all respite apartment meetings as directed by the supervisor.
- Complete and submit timesheets in electronic payroll system accurately and on time
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Must be able to assume and maintain a variety of postures (kneeling, squatting crawling, sitting, and standing) for extended periods of time
Qualifications: Education & Experience Required:
- Understanding of supports and services needed by individuals with developmental disabilities.
- · Experience working with developmental disabilities.
- · Ability to use smart technology and various assistive technology and/or ability to learn within 90 days of hire.
- · Motivation to promote the use and teach assistive technology.
- Maintain CPR/First Aid certifications, agency-required training including online RELIAS training and those requested by the Director of Remote Supports/SSSS.
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- One Drive; Share Point or willingness to develop such skills within 90 days of hire.
- Proof of Education: High School Diploma or GED equivalent (or higher education degree)
- Must have a valid driver’s license with positive driving record and ability to travel in the community as needed with own vehicle.
- Must have reliable transportation available during the shift to transport self and individuals.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States.
Management reserves the right to assign other duties or projects as necessary.